Monday, October 10, 2011

Healthy Almond Joy Ice Cream

Look how DELICIOUS & CREAMY that looks and it was made WITHOUT an ice cream! When I discovered all the health benefits coconut has to offer I knew I had to make a healthy coconut ice cream to satisfy my sweet tooth. This did the job & then some by offering a bang of nutrients at the same time!
Healthy Almond Joy Ice Cream
Ingredients:
1 can (15 ounce) coconut cream
1 can (15 ounce) coconut milk, regular or light
2/3 cups raw cacao
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup of almonds, slivered, toasted
Top with unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted, (optional)

Directions:
Mix ingredients together. Pour in an ice cream maker and use according to directions.
Better yet, I made this without an ice cream maker. I put the mixture into my freezer to chill before putting it in my ice cream maker & I kind of forgot about the time. When I finally remembered I pulled it out of my freezer and it was so dang creamy & yummy!
Top with unsweetened coconut flakes. Enjoy!
(It will eventually get hard in the freezer, but it will turn back to creamy, yumminess if you let it sit out for a little bit before eating.)

Did you know coconut supports thyroid function?!  

Recipe adapted from: the nourishing gourmet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...