Friday, November 11, 2011

Chocolate Covered Bananas

This recipe was posted by my sister in law Erin!
So one of my biggest weaknesses when it comes to eating healthy is my late night sweet tooth! Actually,  my mid morning and late afternoon sweet teeth are big culprits too! I saw this idea on neverhomemaker and then adapted it to be my own. 
These little bit of heaven are so good! If you ask anyone I know, who eats treats with me, they would confirm that my favorite flavor combinations are chocolate, peanut butter, and banana! So you can imagine my joy when I found this idea! These are so perfect and guiltless I could cry! I am so in love with them! Here is what you need to make them yourself!

Chocolate Covered Bananas
3 bananas
2 teaspoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons all natural peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup grain sweetened chocolate chips
unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)

First slice your bananas to your perfect bite size. I had about 9-10 slices per banana. I like them kind of small.  Place on a plate and freeze. Meanwhile, get out your double broiler (in my case it is a small pyrex bowl and a sauce pan) heat the water on medium low heat for a few minutes, until it starts to steam. Add the coconut oil, peanut butter, and vanilla. Stir ingredients together until it is a smooth liquid. Add your chocolate chips. Make sure that your have your heat on medium low and that you are watching your chocolate carefully. I burned mine the first time. :) Stir your mixture constantly until all the chocolate is melted and you have a smooth creamy mixture. 
Now it's time to dip your bananas! By this time your bananas should be pretty frozen on the outside, this makes it easier for dipping. I just got a toothpick to pick the bananas up and dipped them directly into the double broiler, then set them on wax paper in a cookie sheet or cutting board. You are going to want to move these so make sure they are on something transportable.  While the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle with coconut flakes.  The amount of chocolate is perfect for this amount of bananas. I ended up scrapping chocolate from the bowl to top the last few bananas. 
Once your bananas are all dipped, put back in the freezer for about an hour. 
Then you can taste the yummy deliciousness you just made! These will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth! And there is no sugar in them and you can feed your body all the wonderful nutrients found in cacoa and bananas!! These are 100% nutritional! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!!

*As a side note, IF you have any left over, store in an air tight container in the freezer. You may have to let them sit out for a few minutes before you can just bit into them... However, I am not patient so I just popped on in my mouth and sucked on it until I could bit it! That was good too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...