Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Best Strawberry Freezer Jam



This is the BEST strawberry jam I have EVER had! I felt like drinking it!!! The original recipe is already a lower sugar recipe, but I lowered it even more.

Strawberry Freezer Jam
Ingredients:
4 cups of strawberries
½ cup ultra gel
2 T lemon juice
sweeten with xylitol, honey, agave to taste (I used ½ cup of honey)

Directions:
Pureed strawberries in blender or food processor, add ultra gel, lemon juice, & sweeten to taste. Then refrigerate or freeze. The original recipe calls for 2 cups of sugar. 

I got the original recipe from my mother in law which is on the back of the ultra gel.
Did you know strawberries help with a healthy immune system?!
One cup of strawberries contains an incredible 136% of the RDA of vitamin C, an effective antioxidant that can help lower blood pressure, ensure a healthy immune system, and ward off the development of age-related ocular diseases, such as cataracts and macular degeneration.
Source: http://www.healthdiaries.com/eatthis/8-health-benefits-of-strawberries.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...