Monday, October 10, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies



Fall is definitely my favorite season! I know for a lot of people it is hard to see summer go, but I seriously get a surge of endorphins when I wake up to a crisp morning! Now don't get me wrong, winter is the pits, but I love fall! I think it must be the Alaskan in me... or maybe the fact that all the holidays are just around the corner, and I love the holidays! So what better way to bring on the "fallness" than with HEALTHY pumpkin chocolate chip cookies?! These are a hit! I have made them twice in the past week (for public consumption!) and they have been gobbled up instantly! You HAVE to try these! Best part?? THEY ARE ONLY 45 CALORIES!!!!!!!! It makes them taste even better!!
Serious... No guilt!

This recipe was posted by my sister in law Erin!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup canned pureed pumpkin
1 cup xylitol - this is a great sweetener you can find at the health food store. It has 40% less calorie than table sugar and a very low glycemic index!
1 large egg
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 cup oat flour ( w.w. is good too, a little grainier though)
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon milk
1-2 cups chocolate chips (dark, grain sweetened, milk, etc.)

Blend first 5 ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, combine your dry ingredients except baking soda. Sift together. Combine baking soda and milk in a small bowl until dissolved. Add baking soda mixture to wet ingredients. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mixing well. Add chocolate chips. Drop small rounded spoonfuls (about the size of a small dinner spoon) of dough onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes. ENJOY!

This recipe yields about 50 smallish cookies made from a 1-inch heaping cookie scoop.

These are delicious right out of the oven, and you probably won't make it to this point, BUT if you have left overs I suggest storing them in an air tight container in the fridge. That way they don't get soggy.

* I calculated my nutritional data on nutritiondata.self.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...