Sunday, October 9, 2011

No Bake Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

YUM, is all I have to say about these cookies. I definitely do not feel guilty about eating these cookies or giving them to my family. They are full of nutrients & sugar free (refined sugar that is)! Okay, I may feel a little guilty about these cookies only because I can't limit myself to one!

No Bake Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Ingredients:
½ cup raisins
¼ cup cashew butter*
1/3 cup oatmeal
¼ cup of walnuts, chopped
½ teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
Directions:
Using a food processor or blender, puree raisins. Mix pureed raisins with the rest of the ingredients. Shape into cookies (roughly 2 tablespoon for each cookie.) Eat & enjoy!
I stored the cookies in the freezer, to decrease stickiness & hold form.
*You can substitute it with another nut butter if you'd like!

Did you know cashews are rich in antioxidants that help in the elimination of free radicals that may cause some cancer?!

Source: http://len7288.hubpages.com/hub/Health_Benefits_of_Cashew_Nuts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...