Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Polar Plunge & Healthy Hot Chocolate

This past weekend my hubby did a polar plunge!

 Which is crazier?
Running a race vs. plunging into a FREEZING cold lake where ice was chiseled away just before the plunge?! 

Might I point out the man standing on the iced lake in the background and the fact that they were serving alcohol there! I'm sure it's due to the craziness factor to get people to jump into freezing cold water!!

I am going with the plunge!

CRAZY!
My little feet were so cold just standing there. I think I wore the wrong shoes! I felt like I could break every single toe off. I am such a wuss when it comes to the cold.
It was a fun atmosphere though! It kind of reminded me of the ragnar race where teams were all dressed up! The dressing up (or down) ranged anywhere from tighty whities (which I am glad I did not see them come out of the water!), floaties, super heros, to scoobie doo and the gang.
Mr. Polar Bear himself was even there, who my son had a constant eye on, to make sure he wouldn't come anywhere near him! I had to assure him that there was a man underneath it and that he was just wearing a costume to ease his worries!

Getting ready for the plunge

 
The pep talk
 The admiration
and then
 THE PLUNGE!
All in all, he said it wasn't too bad!

Well besides the alcohol, they did have hot chocolate, crispy creme donuts, bagels, and pretty much every unhealthy thing there tempting me!! I must confess I did have some of that sugary hot chocolate with some half & half to cool it down! Just a little! It was freezing, I had too!
When I got home I was inspired to see if I could come up with a concoction of healthy hot chocolate and here it is.... 
3 simple healthy ingredients, okay maybe 4!


Healthy Hot Chocolate
Ingredients:
1 cup milk (I used so delicious sugar free vanilla coconut milk)
1 tablespoon of cacao
1 tablespoon of agave
a dash of cinnamon (optional)

Directions:
Mix ingredients together. Add more or less cacao & sweetener to your liking, if desired. I used my blender! If using a blend tec, you could just use the soup button. If not throw it in a sauce pan and just warm to desired temperature. Don't scorch though, you don't want to take all the healthy nutrients out of the cacao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...