Saturday, February 25, 2012

Super Bowl Breakfast

Meet my two new friends! I love these little guys! They are sooo good for you!
Where to begin?!
 Let's start with goji berries. I first discovered these little guys when looking for foods that would help with infertility. Not only did I discover that goji berries help with increasing fertility naturally but recent medical research has identified several powerful medicinal properties, including: anti-aging, anti-cancer, weight loss promotion, enhancing libido as well as fertility, immune system boosting and much more. I will do a later post going into further detail!

And now for the amazing Chia seeds... How did I live without these little guys?! Their health benefits are amazing..
8 x more omega 3 than salmon
22 x more magnesium than broccoli
5 x times more calcium than whole milk
2 1/2 x more iron than spinach
2 x more potassium than bananas
2 x more fiber than bran flakes
5 x more protein than kidney beans
8 x more phosphorus than milk
equal to asparagus in folate
equal to antioxidants in blueberries
Some of the many benefits include:
energy boost/stability
lose weight & keep fit
anti aging
lowers cholesterol
stabilizes blood sugar levels
improves digestion
reduces inflammation
balances electrolytes
improve hydration
increase lean muscle
speed injury recovery
healthier skin
better sleep
better mood
Okay, and while we are at it, I will introduce you to a couple more friends I used to make my super bowl concoction. Crunch flax cereal, which is basically every allergen free~soy free, dairy free, gluten free, wheat free, nut free, egg free, fish free
And my little sweetener
This is one of my favorite random breakfast concoctions! mmm!
 
Super Bowl
Ingredients:
1/2 cup of your favorite yogurt (i have used plain greek & goat yogurt)
sweetened to taste, I used vanilla liquid stevia
1/2 cup crunch flax cereal or favorite cereal
1/2 cup of berries
1 tablespoon of chia seeds
2-4 tablespoons of goji berries

Directions:
Mix together & enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. That looks good! I'll have to try and find all those ingredients. I really need to get those stevia drops. I tried some at good earth and they were good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...