Monday, March 5, 2012

Chicken Enchiladas Over Rice


So this past week I have been googling my little eyes out with learning more about health food and I think I spent a little too much time on the computer because I just felt soo sick. Not so healthy spending so much time on the computer!! Every time I opened my computer my head started to hurt. Anyway, I am excited to share what I have been learning, but for now I will just share a delicious recipe that will for sure be added to our rotation of meals! YUM!
Chicken Enchiladas Over Rice
 Ingredients:
1-2 chicken breasts, (about 1 pound) cooked & shredded
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 medium onion, diced
1/2 red pepper, diced
1/2 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles
1/4 teaspoon salt*
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 (10 oz.) can green chili enchilada sauce
1/3 cup red enchilada sauce
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese 
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
 Serve over Brown Rice

Top with:
Avocado
Green Onions
Tomatoes
Greek yogurt or sour cream
Cilantro
Chips
  
Directions:
*(I somehow forgot the /4 when I first posted the recipe and it was just read 1 teaspoon. So sorry if anyone made it and it was super salty!)
I cooked my chicken by boiling it, then shredding it
Heat the olive oil in a deep skillet and cook onions for about 3-5 minutes.  Add garlic & red pepper and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
Add cooked chicken, green chiles, cumin, chili powder, salt, & enchilada sauces.  Let sauce simmer for about 8-10 minutes.
Add cheese and stir until the cheese is melted and heated through. (If you are watching your cheese/calories intake you can always leave out & and let people sprinkle on (top) their own cheese.) Now stir in the Greek yogurt, do not bring it to a boil! Cook on low heat or the Greek yogurt will curdle. Once mixed and heated through you are ready to devour.

Serves: 4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...