Monday, October 10, 2011

Peach Sunrise Smoothie


This recipe was posted by my sister in law Erin! 
So my inspiration for this smoothie was to make a peaches and cream smoothie... well, that was a little bland, so I threw some strawberries in and voila! Peach Sunrise smoothie! Hope you enjoy it too! My kids love it, in fact, they love it anytime I make smoothies for breakfast! I think they think they get to have a treat, but really I am happy to fill their bellies with fruit and veggies with out them knowing any better! I've added spinach to this as well, and as long as you don't put too much in, it doesn't change the flavor. I would say start out with one handful of spinach if you decide to add it in. The recipe for this is really simple...

Peach Sunrise Smoothie
  
1c. Almond Breeze (or your favorite milk)
8-10 ice cubes, or about a cup of crushed ice
2 peaches, peeled and sliced
3 tsp. agave or your favorite sweetener
1 banana
6-8 fresh or frozen strawberries

blend until desired smoothness. Enjoy!! 

Did you know that peaches can prolong your life and prevent cataracts?!?! 

http://www.healthfood-guide.com/HealthBenefitsOfPeaches.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...